Most of you might not think this is a big deal...especially those of you who have kids who are older than Cameron, but I'm a first-time mom who likes to ooh and ahh over his every move, so deal with it!! j/k! So anyway, Cameron has officially mastered the art of feeding himself. He's quite good now, he doesn't make much of a mess. He can even eat cereal...with milk! It's SO great, in the mornings, I can give him a bowl of cereal, he eats it like a pro, and says "done" when he's done. He used to throw his food on the floor when he was done, but we've been sending him straight to Time-Out when he does that, so he doesn't do that very often anymore. He's such a big boy! His sign language is also picking up. He signs bath every evening, and his newest favorite thing is to sign 'bird' whenever he sees one out the window. His signs are getting better too, he used to just flap his whole hand for 'bird', but now he uses his thumb and one finger, like you're supposed to.
Anyway, enough of my genius for now..... On Sunday night we went over to some friends' house with another couple. All the kids played while the adults played The Celestial Marriage Game. It's a trivia game where you answer questions about your spouse and then if you are right, you get points. We were all laughing so hard. One couple had only been married for 4 months, so needless to say, they won! On Monday, our first Adventure Funday was sort of a bomb....I had a dentist appointment in the morning, and then we were going to go play. But during my appointment, the sky turned gray and suddenly there was a blinding blizzard. I had to drive all the way across the valley to get home. I drove 30 mph on the freeway, it took me over an hour to make the 20 minute drive. It was so scary! So we stayed holed up in our apartment for the rest of the afternoon. Poor Nate....the bus couldn't drive up the Avenues to get him to work, so had to call in, and then the bus driver kicked him off at the end of the route, so he had to walk 4 blocks in the blizzard to another bus stop. When he finally made it home, he knocked on the door and then stood there when I opened it looking all frozen and pathetic. Poor guy. The snow is seriously out of control. I have today off, so we were going to play (again!) but it's snowing (again!). So I rearranged our furniture and am trying to plow through Harry Potter 5, and Cameron is busy covering every inch of floorspace with his toys, books, some sort of smashed food product, diapers (clean ones!) and every article of clothing in his bedroom. So fun! I want to move to Oregon or Washington where it only rains!!! We are going to spend every second of spring, summer and fall outside where he can run around and explore without trashing our apartment!!
So Nate is in debate still over whether to teach high school or elementary school (sorry he missed Danny's call, Jordan, try him again!!). He now thinks he wants to teach geography and astronomy in high school. He has to decide by the end of this semester so he can start taking the right classes. I am supportive of either. I think he would enjoy and do great at either....so I think it's between him and the Lord what he should do. I'm just so excited that he decided to be a teacher. I hope it ends up being something he loves and that going to work is exciting for him every day. That's what he wants....to love his job every day. He is worried that teachers don't make much money, but I don't worry at all. We just have to make good choices, stay out of debt, keep using cash instead of credit cards and keep investing for retirement. Love it! Neither of us are big spenders (thank goodness), so we feel like we will always be in good control of our money. I just can't wait to see where we end up! I want to leave Utah, but stay close enough that we can drive here within a day or two.
Well, sorry about the long post... that's what happens when I'm here all day....every day....and can't leave unless I want to be digging my car out of a snow drift. So I'm staying put! Come on Spring....Come on sun....Come on tulips and daffodils!!!!!
Well, sorry about the long post... that's what happens when I'm here all day....every day....and can't leave unless I want to be digging my car out of a snow drift. So I'm staying put! Come on Spring....Come on sun....Come on tulips and daffodils!!!!!



12 Happy Thoughts:
How come my spacing is always weird? Sometimes it's double, sometimes it's single... I don't get it.
We should get together for dinner and Josh can talk to Nate about teaching high school. And I agree. Come on spring!!!!
I love the picture of watching TV. Cameron looks very comfortable!
Becca you were fast! I just sat down to nurse Gideon and there's the email with your comment. Love it! If you click on the music player it will give your the web page to set up your own, and then when you create a playlist it will give you the html to put into your blog. You have to make another area for it when you customize your page.
Oh, the cookie video was precious!
Totally let me know if you need help with the music, also I just finished updating so I have some cute pictures up if you get bored ;)
I think Nate should try substitute teaching and that way he can have a better idea whether he wants to teach Elementary or Secondary Education. They are completely different.
Too bad you have so much snow. We are enjoying a warm and sunny day here! Not to make you jealous or anything!
hi becky-
it was so great of you to say hello. we have never officially met, but i have sure heard lot-o-good things. and who knows, we might be neighbors here pretty soon, at least until your employment takes you elsewhere. cameron is so darling and it is good to finally put faces to names. nate says hello.
Hey Becky!
Sorry about the other day. Have Nate e-mail Danny-
dpratt@nyssa.k12.or.us He's so busy lately, Nate will probably get some better answers through e-mail. I'm e-mailing you about some other stuff. Congrats to Cameron on eating better. that is a nice feeling!
ok, how did you get the music on your blog? i can't figure it out! lend me some of your wisdom.... -lindsay
Hey Lindsay! I sent you an email. Call me if it doesn't make sense! I'm new at it too! How are the cutie kids doing?
That picture is so cute! I sure miss you guys. Yeah, I'm wishing it was spring time too...it's so cold right now!
Becky, Yes I can ship to CA. When you order something you put in your billing AND shipping address. Here's a coupon code to use...you just enter this upon checkout: FF15 (that's friends&family 15% off) You can use this as many times as you want and share it with any of your friends!
Hope things are going well!
Post a Comment