Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow, February 3rd, is our 3rd wedding anniversary! Wow, how time flies! We are celebrating this evening by going out for Korean food (yum!!). Here is a look back at the highlights of the past 3 years......this will be long, so it's up to you if you want to read the whole thing! (And I know the spacing is going to get all weird when I add pics, so just ignore that! I don't feel like messing around with it!)
Stats:
Met in Korea: June 2, 2003 (on a P-Day at Pizza Hut for Elder Wood's birthday! We both mentioned it in our mission journals! Cute.)
First Date: September 18, 2004 (Walked around Salem Pond, ate lunch, saw 'Wimbledon' & went to a BYU football game!! Nice!!)
Engaged: October 28, 2004
Married: February 3, 2005 in Mt. Timpanogous Temple

First Year:
1. Our first apartment. It was a 2 bed, 2 bath in West Jordan, UT. We lived on the top floor with a balcony. I loved that place!
2. I got my medical assisting certificate, and Nate got his pharmacy tech license. We both had great jobs with benefits. We saved like crazy and.....
3. We bought our first home!! We bought an adorable 3 bed, 1 bath house on the other side of West Jordan. It was a bit scary, but it was also every exciting! Around the same time.....
4. We found out we were going to have a baby! Seeing that positive pregnancy test was easily one of the most emotional experiences of my life. I've never had such a mixed rush of emotions about anything before! We were thrilled and immediatly called my dad to do an ultrasound. We waited a few weeks to tell his parents....we wrapped up the ultrasound picture and gave it to them for Christmas!
5. We took a road trip to Oregon. We had a blast driving with our nephew Sam. We stayed with my sister and her family in Eugene. We also visited the coast and my hometown.
Second Year:
1. The first half of the year was a bit hectic....I was pregnant, and we were both working hard to save as much $$ as we could before our baby came.

2. We adopted our adorable kitty from the shelter. We named him Bucheon, after the town in Korea where Nate and I first met. He affectionately became nicknamed "Buchi" (pronounced Boo-Chee). He & Fancy now live with a friend of ours until we are done with school.
3. Our beautiful son Cameron was born on July 9, 2006. We fell in love with him in an instant, and he has been blessing our lives ever since.

Third Year:

1. We took another road trip to Oregon! Cam was an angel on the trip, and we had so much fun showing him all the sights. We hope to become permanent Oregonians.....

2. I quit my job to stay home with Cameron. This was a big step for me. Nate kept working harder than ever for our little family, but finally we decided to......

3. Sell our house! After 2 years of living in our little house, we decided to sell it and move up to the U of U Housing. This was the best decision we could have ever made. We made great money on our house and Nate has been able to cut down to part-time so he can finish school in just a few years. I can't wait!

4. A big highlight of this past year was our trip to Nauvoo. We drove with Nate's family across Wyoming and Nebraska. We stayed in Omaha with Nate's sister. Then we spent a week touring Nauvoo, Carthage, Independence, Liberty Jail and Far West. We had a lot of fun.

These past 3 years have been full of ups and downs....but mostly ups! Nate has blessed my life so much, and I could not be happier. He and Cameron are my entire world. Nate, I know you read my blog, so I love you sweetheart! Thanks for all the hugs, kisses, tulips and KitKats! Happy Anniversary Babe!!

8 Happy Thoughts:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a great anniversary and many more. Those baby pictures of Cameron are ADORABLE!

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys moved up to the U housing as well. I"m sure you guys will love it the way we do!

Merilee said...

Happy Arneyversary!! I love you guys!!

Steve said...

congrats, you guys are great

DeAnn said...

Happy Anniversary!

DeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

So fun! Happy Anniversary yesterday!

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary!
This is Lisa Winnett I'm so glad I found you blog. you guys are so cute!!!