Sunday, January 13, 2008

Babies....babies everywhere!

Not to worry, they aren't MY babies! I have had a crazy, busy past couple of days! I've been doing a lot more babysitting (or nannying, as I like to call it so I don't feel like I'm 14!!). I still have Ashlan 4 days a week, and then on Thursdays and Fridays I have baby Ewan. I have 17-month old Dallin a few Tuesdays a month, and then finally there is a Japanese woman in our apartment complex who goes to an English class just 2 hours on Mondays and Wednesdays, so I will watch her little 10-month old boy, Tomo! He was just too cute to pass up! She hardly spoke any English, I really wish she was Korean so I could help her! So anyway, that's the craziness that is University Village Apt 904! Plus, Cameron is still more hyper and more work than all of those kids put together! But the nice thing, is that between all of those little jobs, I will make enough to pay rent each month, which gives us Nate's paycheck to use for groceries and savings. Plus Cam has friends to play with all day. I have managed to keep Mondays open (except for Tomo, who will just come from 1-3) so that Cam and I can go to the zoo and I can grocery shop and do laundry. It makes for a crazy busy week around here, but I figure I might as well since I'm home all day anyway!

Last night we had a wonderful experience. Nate's little sister, Mallory, got married last year to Russ, and they have a little son named Ethan. On Christmas Day, Russ surprised us all with the news that he had been meeting with the missionaries and had decided to get baptized! So his baptism was last night, and it was so wonderful. The Spirit was very strong. Russ talked about how he had felt the Spirit and the truthfulness of Joseph Smith while we were on Nauvoo last summer. We all had faith that he would get baptized, but we didn't expect it this soon! Their bishop gave their little family a picture of the temple and told them to strive towards becoming an eternal family. They just broke down (I think we all did!) and it just really strengthened my love and gratitude for the temple and reality of eternal families. It isn't just a fairytale! I love this Gospel so much!
This is a picture of Cameron reaching up to the Christus Statue. You can see his little hand. He loves Jesus so much! He has a picture of Jesus right next to his crib, and he gives it kisses!

Daddy, stop tickling me!!!

6 Happy Thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Sorry my page layouts always end up all botched....single spaced, double spaced, etc. I'm lame! There's a problem with the whole darn thing!

PrincessKatie said...

Wow I dont know how you keep up with all those kids. I watch a litle girl one day a week and that is enough for me. Way to go on earning extra money though.

PrincessKatie said...

That is so cool that you got to see Mike and Joelle. I know the williams family from living in that wrad for a while and I went to school with Mike when I lived with my Dad and nto my Mom small world huH!

Merilee said...

Hi arney,
Good job with the nannying. I'll come see you this week.

DeAnn said...

You are insane!! And that's awesome about Mallory and Russ.

Becca Jane said...

I know, I am insane! But it's fun.