Cameron is incredibly OBSESSED with the Signing Time DVDs. He has been watching them since he was 8 months old, so for over half of his long life! For Christmas, we got him 2 more DVDs. He is starting to really pick up the signs now. So far he knows: Baby, More, Water, Cat, Dog, Fish, Bird, Daddy, Shoes, Ball, Flower, Sleep, Eat.
That's pretty much every sign on his DVD, so we're excited for him to start learning new words and signs. He can say most of those words too. The sign for "Signing" is you roll your hands around, like you do on Patty-cake (roll-it) or like the wheels on The Wheels on the Bus. Cameron is hilarious because sometimes I'll go in to wake him up from his nap, and he'll be dead asleep, but suddenly he'll sit up and start signing! It's almost as if he was just dreaming about it. And then sometimes when he gets really mad, he'll throw whatever he's holding and start rolling his arms, like he can't control it! We want to catch it on video, but haven't been able to yet! Silly kid!
That's pretty much every sign on his DVD, so we're excited for him to start learning new words and signs. He can say most of those words too. The sign for "Signing" is you roll your hands around, like you do on Patty-cake (roll-it) or like the wheels on The Wheels on the Bus. Cameron is hilarious because sometimes I'll go in to wake him up from his nap, and he'll be dead asleep, but suddenly he'll sit up and start signing! It's almost as if he was just dreaming about it. And then sometimes when he gets really mad, he'll throw whatever he's holding and start rolling his arms, like he can't control it! We want to catch it on video, but haven't been able to yet! Silly kid! For any of you with young children, I highly recommend any of the Signing Time DVDs. http://www.signingtime.com/


4 Happy Thoughts:
so excited to see you back online!!! hopefully i'll get my blog updated soon too!! i hope to catch you on facebook sometime.....cameron is getting so big and he is so cute!!! hope you guys are all ready for the holidays.jacob did signing for while at his speech therapist when we couldn't get him to talk. he picked it up sooo easy!!! not me!!! thank goodness jeff could remember what things were!!!
I know, I've had just as much fun learning the signs as he has! Well, speaking of signing, he's signing EAT, so I'm gonna go give him a snack! Love it!
when you commented on my blog I thought just maybe you had updated yours. I'm so glad you did. Gavin still misses you guys. He loved watching your elf dance. I can't believe how big Cameron is getting. Keep blogging so I can watch him grow up!
i'll have to start signing with isaac.
Post a Comment