Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Dear Cameron!

Wow, my baby turned 1 yesterday! I can't believe it's been a whole year since he was born. On Sunday evening we had a small party with family and a few friends. Cam loved the frosting on his cake! Tomorrow we take him for his doctor appointment. I hope he's 20 pounds so we can turn his carseat around! He's still babbling up a storm. He's added "More" and "Bath" to his vocab. He also loves to stick out his tongue. So cute!
We've had a busy, but FUN past few weeks. We had a big reunion with most of my family down in Glenwood. All but 1 of my siblings were there with all their kids. Cam had a blast 4-wheeling (going about 5 mph). We had a treasure hunt, the kids had a shaving cream bath, and my mom took all of us girls to get pedicures! Some much needed pampering! Nate and I went 4-wheeling up the mountains and our 4-wheeler died! So we had to get towed back to the house! Luckily there were several other 4-wheelers to ride, so we just took off again.
On Saturday, my brother Bill and his wife were sealed to her girls in the Jordan River Temple. It was such a spiritual experience. I just bawled. I love those 2 girls so much, and I am so happy that they will be an eternal family. Nate and I have been praying and reading the scriptures each night better than we have in awhile, and the Spirit has just poured into our home. I feel so blessed to have the Gospel in our lives. I look at Cameron and am overwhelmed at the thought that I get to be with him and Nate for eternity.
Well, Nate and I have officially committed even more to our hero Dave Ramsey. We love you Dave! We have worked out a monthly budget, which is cool because I'm not working this summer, yet we're still going to be able to save a little each month. Then once I start nannying in October, we'll be able to save even more. We opened a Money Market now, and once we have our emergency fund up to $10,000 (Baby Step 3!!!) then we can start saving for exciting stuff like putting in new carpet and starting Cameron's college fund. For those of you who haven't, you should read Dave Ramsey's book "The Total Money Makeover". It has overtaken the Warner family, but we love it!

1 Happy Thoughts:

PrincessKatie said...

Happy Birthday to Cameron. Hope you are doing well even though you are keeping extra busy