I wish I was a morning person. You know, one of those people who can get up with the sun, go for a jog, read the paper and sip OJ on the porch.....But I'm not. Just ask my poor husband who can barely get a coherent goodbye from me on the mornings he works. You'd think I'd be better after years and years of early morning seminary, early morning jazz band, 8 a.m. classes at college, 18 months of the 6:30 missionary wake-up rule, and a new baby!!! But I still hate getting out of bed. Even if I got 10 hours of sleep! And the funny thing is, once I'm up, I'm totally fine. I actually enjoy mornings. I love the cool crisp morning air in the summers, the quiet house before Cam wakes up, the Today Show, and nothing beats a good early morning jog. I know all of this. But still, every morning when the alarm buzzes, I lose the ongoing Snooze Button Battle. Any ideas? Maybe I need a less comfortable bed. Maybe I should tell Nate to literally push me off the bed every morning. What I really need is a running buddy. I need someone to force me. Up until I got married, whenever I lived at home, my dad would come wake me up at like 6:30 by turning on my light and saying, "I'll see you on the front porch in 5 minutes." I would be SOOO mad. But I'd have to get up, because the thought of him just standing there waiting would just kill me. And I really do love to run. Well, maybe someday I"ll win this fight with myself. Sweet dreams!!


3 Happy Thoughts:
I would totally lay in bad if I could....just wait till Cameron starts school.....you have no choice but to get up then. I usually can't sleep past 6:30 now as that's when I have to start things with Jessica.....usually her mouth has been motoring since 5:30. Some kids need to learn that sleep is a good thing.....she is one of those kids!!!
Just enjoy this time before Cameron and others to come start school and you have to get up and get them ready, make breakfast, lunches, get them to the bus stop or school, etc....I was not a morning person (and really I'm still not) until this school year!!
I am not the one to ask!! I always hit my snooze button at least twice. The only way I wake up on the days I have to go to school is that my mom calls and literally shouts into the phone so I will wake up!! Super fun!! I agree with DeAnn.
Post a Comment