I'm sad that the background of this picture is so dark.....the whole reason I took it is to show that Allie's hair is starting to resemble Jim from the Office. It flips out over her ears, and it's adorable!! Her hair is also starting to curl at the back of her neck too. She's sooo yummy, I can't get enough of her. For some reason, I call her Roo. (Her nickname Scout obviously didn't stick, despite how much I loved it for her.) My friend Melanie always calls her "Allie-Lou"....and I think I just started calling her that without thinking. Then it switched to Allie-Roo. And now I just call her Roo. Sometimes Rooster. Sometimes Kangaroo. It's funny how nicknames just form sometimes.....without really knowing where they came from. What do you call your kids?
Cam is even handsome when he's glaring at the camera! He just seems sooo grown up lately. He has shot out of size 3T clothes now. I can't believe my baby boy is wearing 4T now! He's such a fun kid. We have the BEST conversations. He has an awesome sense of humor, which I like to think he got from me.....I'm pretty hilarious. Lately he's been spending nearly every waking moment with his newest BFF, Logan.....whom he affectionally calls "Loges". The two of them spend hours riding bikes, playing trains, and running around....they have the most hilarious conversations.....like two mini-adults. Logan also has a little brother who is about Allie's age, and I absolutely adore their mom, Kristi. The 6 of us hang out almost every day, and I'm soooo glad they moved to the Village for a few years!!
Well, time to go make some raspberry oatmeal bars, watch the Office, snuggle my man, and watch the ever-inspiring Nie on our local news.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
These Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 Happy Thoughts:
I love Roo. We call our only girl.....sweet precious girl...Buzz. Isn't it terrible? Derived in this way:
Lainey Baby
Lainey Bubs
Bubsy Laine
Bubs
Buzz
They just form on their own, don't they?!
Cam is handsome.....you really have 2 gorgeous children.
I call Aiden Wee chunk of cuteness and turkey or chicken...don't know where turkey and chicken came from...Turkey evolved from Turkey leg (what can I say he was a cute chubby baby.)
Hunter is Rooster or ter-ter
Aspen is appy, aspy ak, or ford
Brooklyn is squirrel
Ben is hameen, or fus
I nickname everyone, but Bill nothing has stuck for him
I am nu-nu to my family
Oh make me jealous.. cute kids, snuggling a man, AND watching nie on the TV.
Trade lives? hahah
Will is usually:
Wilhelm
Buddy
Bud
Booger
Boog
Dude
William The Great
Tater(not by my choosing...that's what my family calls him)
WOW - we have too many nicknames to even post. But your names are very cute. WE LOVE THE WOODS!
We call hazel bug. Or bird.
Roo is cute! We have "Scooby Doo" and "Scooby Doo Number Two" or "Baby Scoob". I don't know what happened there either. Nick-names just stick!
Well our nick names usually are just a shortened version of the actual name. Cambrie is Cams, Camsy, or Cambers. Hunter is Hunt, Hunts, or an occasional Huntsy pie, I have a ryhmn I am always saying, "Huntsy puntsy pudding and pie kissed the girls and made them cry" Kind of boring I know but I absolutely hated my nick name growing up so I'm kind of against them. Mine was Erica Lou, Lou Lou, or just Lou, still hate it.... most people know not to call me that now though
Hey Becca Jane. Your blogs are cute and I love your bows. Thanks for stopping by my blog, although I think you should post a pic of the apron you just purchased so we can all see.
Enjoy your day!
Cute pictures! I love the nickname Roo. It's cute! We call Riley Sweetie, Stinky, or Riley Girl. I usually call Ryan Buddy. Kinda boring, haha. We have more for Cooper: Coops, Coopy Coops, Cuppa (that's how Ryan says his name), and Chunk.
Post a Comment