Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend in Salem

My other sister Michelle flew in from New Orleans last week. It was so fun to see her and her awesome son, Sam! Sadly Rob and the girls couldn't join them. They spent their first night with us, so Cameron had a blast showing them all of his toys and his bike. After the kids went to bed, Nate & Sam played video games until 2 am. Those two are best friends, and it's so sweet! Nate gets SO excited when he gets to see Sam. Too bad it's only about once a year! Michelle & I got some good sister-bonding in over cheesecake and raspberry tarte at a great local bakery. She is one of my most favorite people to talk to. I love my big sis!


Then we headed down to Salem. DeAnn & her fam, and Steve & fam were down there too. So 4 out of the 5 of us siblings were all together with our parents. We missed Bill & fam though! We haven't been together, all 5 of us since my wedding!! We mostly just relaxed, visited, played games, and ate yummy food. The cousins all had a blast together, and my parents house was bursting at the seams! Cam was such a good boy. I love that he's getting old enough to just run off and play with his cousins without getting into too much trouble! So fun! Our little family crammed into one bedroom. I was pretty nervous about it, but both nights we were there, both kids slept great all night long! Nate & I joke now that we should move into a 1-bed apartment and save ourselves a ton of money!! On Saturday morning, all of the adults except for my mom & I went and ran in a fundraiser 5K for a local father who passed away. Good job everyone! They had fun, despite Michelle's issues with the high Utah altitude!! I really wish I had gone and just walked it though. Hopefully by next summer I can be back in shape enough to run some 5Ks. They're so fun! DeAnn and I used to run them all the time.

The "pride & joy" of Salem is this great pond we have. We took some of the kids over for a swim. Cameron has always been terrified of large bodies of water....we've tried to take him swimming in a big pool over the years and he screams like he's being tortured! So sad! He loves kiddie pools, but never anything much bigger. So I didn't think he'd like it, but he completely surprised me! He jumped and splashed, and I had to drag him out when we were ready to go home! Yay!!

The kids got excited to feed the ducks. They got pretty close! Luckily they were just harmless ducks and not geese.....geese freak me out! You can see Cam's little bum at the very edge of this picture....makes me laugh.


On Sunday, Michelle made us some fabulous New Orleans gumbo. She is such a great cook! Last year she made us Jambalaya! We also celebrated cutie Isaac's 2nd birthday, and I kicked Nate & Sam's trash at Fooseball!! (It was them against me, ha!) I have a hidden talent. Don't mess with me. Such a fun weekend!! As always, I now miss my awesome sisters more than ever. We're trying to plan a big Warner Family get-together at the Oregon coast next summer if we can get all 5 of our schedules to match up. That would be fun!

And finally, Allie was just being a doll and a half while we were packing up our stuff to leave, so I had to get out the camera. I still don't know how to use Nate's camera, so hopefully after his Finals this week he can teach me. He took some great pictures too, so maybe I'll post those too when he gets them off of his camera. Allie's jammies are size 6-9 months....notice how short they already are on her!



After this week, Nate has a few weeks off school, so we have some outings planned! Can't wait!!

3 Happy Thoughts:

DeAnn said...

It was a fun weekend! Allie and Cameron are both so cute and so sweet. Thanks for making the trip down.

Missy said...

Looks like so much fun! Love Allie's smile. She is so cute!

The Bing's said...

family time is so great, it sounds like it was a great weekend full of fun and good memories.. Allie is too cute, and getting so big I think she looks so great in purple!!!