Monday, August 10, 2009

First off, here's Cam's stylish digs from yesterday. He looked straight out of the 70's, it rocked.




MY HAPPINESS TODAY:

~Nate's out of school for 2 blessed weeks!!
~The kids slept in until 8 am. Rare.
~Vanilla-Almond Oatmeal with fresh blueberries for breakfast.
~Allie has a nickname: Sprout. Sometimes Lil Sprout. Sometimes Scout.....my favorite character from To Kill A Mockingbird.
~Nate found a great locally-owned bike shop who is fixing both boys' bikes. I love to support small businesses.
~This morning Nate & I were standing in the kitchen in a bear hug....we like those. Anyway, suddenly we feel two little arms around our legs and a Cam head being wedged in between us. I just smiled....just what I've always dreamed of: A gorgeous hubby with little ones at our feet.
~Our lunch: Multi-grain tortillas rolled up with butter, cinamon & sugar, with nectarines and cucumbers on the side.
~Eating healthy. We've been really working on this in our family. Well, we've always eaten pretty healthy, but I want to do even better. More whole-wheat, fresh fruit, and veggies-veggies-and more veggies. Less frozen or packaged foods, sugar, preservatives.
~Speaking of veggies....I menu-planned today. My goal each week is to try new fruits & veggies we've never had or cooked with before. I'll keep ya posted on that...
~Flip-flops & shorts
~Folding the kids' laundry. For some reason, it makes me happy, their clothes are so little & cute....especially Sprout's!
~Cam is starting to make up hilarious little songs. Songs about colors, songs about food, songs about us.


MEMORY:

My first pair of pointe shoes aka 'toe shoes'. I did ballet for 11 years. Becoming old enough & strong enough to wear pointe shoes was a huge milestone. They are so beautiful....pink & satiny. I had several pair over the years. But my favorite pair was my very last ones I got before I moved to Utah and sadly stopped dancing. They were handmade in Russia, and they are absolutely gorgeous. I still put them on from time to time. I still have all of my old pair....I keep meaning to go get them from my parents' house and hang them in Allie's room.


I also want to write a quick thank you for your emails & comments about my new blogging. I'm REALLY enjoying it. All during the day, I find myself looking for my pieces of happiness I can write down at the end of the day. It has brought a lot of optimism and joy into my days....especially the days where I feel like nothing exciting has happened or I've just had a really rough day (these are quite frequent!). Plus, I blog only in the evenings now, so I go to bed with all of these happy thoughts fresh in my mind. Thanks for reading!

4 Happy Thoughts:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

My first year of blogging was a very challenging year. Because I knew people were reading I felt inspired to find something positive to say or a positive way to talk about the difficult challenges. Some days I may not be as Pollyanna as I once was but I love having a place to write about my life as it really is. I love your daily blogging routine you have found for yourself.

Becca Jane said...

Tristan, I've jokingly considered starting a 2nd blog called "My Life is Miserable"....and be able to rant and whine all I want! Wouldn't that be a fun blog....I'd probably spend hours typing on it every day!!!! My negative aspects of the day come to my mind a LOT easier than my happy moments, sometimes I have to really rack my brain...especially if I'm not in the best mood. But that's what I'm loving....this is forcing me to pull out the great parts of my day, and by the time I'm done blogging, I'm feeling great!

DeAnn said...

It does make your life more positive--my day sucked today! I need to do this. :) Or stop reading your blog because it's depressing me.

You have to "memory" about when we were stinky in taco bell.

Let the party begin... said...

Hello there! Sorry I've been such a loser at commenting lately, lol! I've tried many times to write something on my blog and I just can't seem to find the words. Anyway I love your positive outlook. Sometimew we get so caught up in the trials we miss the simple beauty around us. I love blueberries in my oatmeal too.