Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break!

We have had such a fun, relaxing Spring Break Week!! The weather has been GORGEOUS, so we have spent lots of time playing outside....probably 4-5 hours a day!! Here is Cam all ready to go play ball with Dad!! Such a handsome kid! I cannot believe how dedicated this little boy is to sports! He will literally spend 2 hours outside doing nothing but practicing dribbling, kicking and shooting a ball!! And I get to enjoy sitting out on blankets with my friends and just relaxing with Allie. Living in student housing is the BEST way to spend these early years with young kids!!

Little Miss Allie Jane gets cuter and cuter every day. She's starting to sleep longer at night now, and she smiles and coos all the time. At her 2 month check up, she weighed 10 lb 10 oz. She's in about the 50th % for both height and weight.....and her head is in the 17%, haha! Her eyes are turning SO blue, just like Cam's, yay!!

Yesterday we drove out to Eagle Mountain to see some friends that I grew up with in Oregon, the Asay's. They have 16 Huskies!! On our first date, Nate and I talked about how we both love Huskies, so we jumped at the chance to go meet these dogs!! Needless to say, they were GORGEOUS. Cam had fun with them too, giving them treats and they loved to lick his face!!


The Asay's also had this awesome playground in their backyard that Cam had a blast with! It was so fun to just sit on the lawn, watch Cam play, catch up with our friends, and enjoy the beautiful weather. A much needed relaxation day for us!!
Both kids were exhausted and slept all the way home!! Such a fun day!!

Sadly, Spring Break can't last forever, and we must return next week to the busy routine. But we have lots of playdates on the calendar, so the kids and I will stay plenty busy!! So glad Spring is here!!

3 Happy Thoughts:

DeAnn said...

Allie is SO CUTE! That sounds fun with the Asays. Maybe I'll set that up when we're in Utah this summer.

Let the party begin... said...

That sounds like a really great time. I'm with DeAnn, Allie is so sweet and Cam is a doll! We had March Break here and sadly it is almost over. Our kids were all over the place which left me with a relatively quiet household. I can't wait for warm weather. We're having glimpses of spring but the wind is awful. I wish we had a taste of your weather, lol.

Erica said...

Love all of the cute pictures! Looks like you guys had fun. Allie is such a doll, I love the cheesy smile!