Tuesday, March 10, 2009

28

So Saturday was my 28th birthday. It was a really fun day. In the morning, Nate took Cameron to the zoo while I hosted a hair accessory party with my friends. It was SO fun to sit around and look at all of the cute headbands and flower clips. I got some free stuff for being the hostess. (The pink bow headband is actually a gift from my sweet friend Carlie....thanks!)After the party, we dropped Cameron off with my mom and his cousins to play. Nate, Allie and I headed to Golden Corral for a YUMMY buffet lunch. Then we went and watched the 2 episodes of 24 that we missed last week so we wouldn't get behind. WOW, that's such an intense show!! We absolutely LOVE it!

After that we went to pick up Cam. My mom had made me a cake to take home with us, along with some shopping money (yay!) and some chocolate-covered pretzels, my favorite! Nate gave me High School Musical 3 for my birthday.....Cam and I have watched it several times and I'm liking it MUCH more now than I did the first time I saw it. This Thursday Nate and I have our date night to Desert Star. I can't wait! We gave Allie her first bottle last night, which she seemed fine with, so I'm glad I can leave her for a few hours now!!!

So in other news.....Cameron no longer sleeps in a CRIB!! He climbed out last week, so we had no choice. For now, his crib mattress is just on his floor until we move, then we'll get him a twin bed and set the crib up for Allie. When he climbed out, a part of me went into complete panic mode....I wasn't ready for this! But another party of me is really relieved that we're finally just gonna make the transition....get it over with! He's doing REALLY well....better than we expected. We are using our Supernanny techniques. If he gets out, we don't talk to him, we just put him straight back. So far, the most he's gotten out is maybe 4 or 5 times. He still naps great and has been still sleeping until 7 or 7:30, so I'm happy! Such a good boy!!

Allie is almost 8 weeks old....crazy! We're blessing her this Sunday, and she'll have her 2 month appt next Monday. I know she's growing because her 0-3 mo size pants are getting short already!! And thanks to everyone's generosity, we STILL haven't had to buy her ANY diapers! And I still have two huge boxes of size 1-2 left! We probably won't have to buy her diapers for another month or two, awesome!

We've been keeping BUSY with lots and lots of playdates....thanks to Jenn, Melanie, Erica, Becky, Karen, Merilee and both grandmas for all of the fun days!!!

6 Happy Thoughts:

DeAnn said...

I hate missing everything. Blessings, birthdays. I can't believe you put those huge flowers on Allie! :) Very cute though.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Happy belated Birthday! Enjoy Desert Star.

Becca Jane said...

DeAnn, these aren't huge flowers....they are only 2 inches....they come in 4 inches, and even bigger. I won't go any bigger than 2 inches.

Let the party begin... said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday on fb. I even made you a card but things at my house have been so crazy I forgot to mail it. It sounds like you had a fantastic time and may I say, Miss Allie is just getting cuter and cuter if that is even possible. Glad to hear that you have been keeping busy. I love this new picture of Allie and Cameron is sweet as ever!

Anonymous said...

I think the flowers are very cute (I would!!) and a good size. I think they always look bigger in pictures. I love the bow your friend made too, those are the kind I like to make. Glad you had a fun birthday!

Kasie said...

Happy Birthday! Your family is adorable and I am so happy to be related to you :)