I've had a busy couple of weeks getting ready for THIS week! But so far, everything has turned out to be worth all of the hard work and energy! Our Primary Program on Sunday was a COMPLETE success! The kids did better than we could have asked for. They sang their little hearts out, they gave their parts clearly, there were no major freak-outs or bawling (well, except for ME!! My 2nd counselor and I bore our testimonies and I couldn't even get a word out!). I was very overwhelmed with love for these beautiful children, and I am so grateful for the strong Spirit they carry with them. We do the program again this week in the other ward (our primary is 2 wards combined), and I am looking forward to it! A big thank you to Melanie and the other leaders/teachers who made this Program what it was!!
Last night was my Finance class. I have been working on it (& stressing about it) for 3 weeks, and I don't think it could have gone any better. Unfortunately there were only 5 people there, which I was a little bummed about, but the 5 of us had some great conversations and it was a nice, intimate setting. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to teach for very long, but I ended up taking over an hour, and I didn't even get all of the material covered!! Everyone in the class is already making smart decisions with their money, but I feel like we were ALL inspired to do a little better and stay on the path we're on. I'm really grateful for that experience I had to teach that class. I am going to save all of my hard work (lesson plan, handouts, etc) so that Nate and I can always be prepared to teach something like that again in the future. Nate taught a Finance lesson to a group of high schoolers a few months ago and loved it.
This Sunday I have Sharing Time, the program and a Presidency Meeting, and then I'm going to rest!!!
Oh yeah, and we just found out that starting in January, Nate doesn't have to work Saturdays anymore....YAY!! We haven't had our full weekends to ourselves since we've been married!!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Success
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 Happy Thoughts:
I'm glad your class went well. I love you! You deserve a rest!
I'm glad Nate will have Saturdays off now.
Hooray for Saturdays and lessons that go well and primary programs! I'm so glad last night went well an am really bummed I couldn't come. I ended up finally getting to bed around 8:00... got a short nap and then Clark wasn't going to have anything to do with Sleep until 3:00 WOW! We took a family nap this morning!
Maybe you can give me a lesson on finances! Its much different after you get married... who would have known?!!! :) It sounds like you are doing great! By the way- I love your baby name!!!!
Kudos to your finance class and primary presentation. I hope you and Nate will enjoy your Saturdays off.
Becca, I have been meaning to ask you about the Fin. class and if I could get a handout from you? I really need help in that dept. Sorry i wasn't there - No nursery made it hard for a bunch of us I think.
You guys did awesome with the program. Thank you so much for you work with the kids.
Awesome NO Saturdays! That would be so nice!
Post a Comment