Monday, August 18, 2008

Fun Glenwood Weekend

We had a really fun weekend down in Glenwood. Cameron had the time of his life, and I am so excited to take him there often as he gets older. Glenwood is a tiny little town just east of Richfield, about 150 miles south of Salt Lake City. My parents own an old farmhouse down there, and it's become our family retreat. My sister from Milwaukee is still in town, so we went down there with her family, my parents, and also my brother and his family.

Here's Cameron wearing Daddy's BYU hat while we were packing.....Go Cougars! I can't wait to hang 'Y' signs in our window during football and b-ball season....just to ruffle some feathers around here! Haha! The BYU/U of U rivalry is HUGE!! Anyway, so the biggest part of going to Glenwood is fishing and 4-wheeling! Cameron was too young to take on the lake this year, but he LOVED going on 4-wheeling rides with us! He was nervous at first, but Nate just forced him on, and after about 2 seconds, he was officially obsessed. We took him on probably 6 or 7 rides a day! (Slowly, of course, please don't call CFPS on us!!) Here is the house. It's my Dad's pride and joy. He has spent the past 5 years or so fixing it up inside and out. Daddy took a picture of me and Cam through the kitchen window!

Cameron also had his first experience playing baseball this trip! He loved it! He's such a natural athlete! We've been watching the Olympics every night, and who knows, maybe one day we'll be rooting for Cameron!! Haha, jk!

Cameron was even brave enough to ride on the "big" 4-wheelers! We just stayed on the empty Glenwood streets when we have Cam. One day while Cam napped, Nate and I took a trip up through the mountains. It was really fun, except all the rough terrain was giving Baby a good jostle!!
Cam also had lots of fun playing with his cousins. He is a little younger than most of them, but he still liked running around with them. He also learned how to work a water gun, and he and Daddy had lots of fun water fights!
Cameron eating lunch with cousins Ella & Karen.
When we were packing the cars up to go home, Cameron would NOT leave the big garage where the 4wheelers were! We were sad to leave, but I'm glad my sister will be here for another week. We will probably meet up at the Zoo or at Heritage Park to hang out again. I don't want her to leave!

Cameron was SUCH a good boy on the trip, so while we were there, we bought him a Spiderman backpack. He loves it, and he even wore it to church yesterday! He did great going to the Glenwood Ward nursery. I was worried since he didn't know his teachers, and their routine was probably quite different, but he did great!
Abby comes at 7:45 every morning.....can you tell I wake up at 7:44? Isn't she a cutie?
Nate has one more week until school starts up again, and he will be gone again. He is taking some fun-sounding classes this semester, so he's excited. He is also going to start applying for some grants that will help us with tuition....that would be awesome! The only downside to this particular grant is that he will have to work in Utah for 2 years after he graduates.....or we have to pay that money back!! I'd love to leave Utah as soon as possible....But it would be worth it to stay here a few more years if it'll save us several thousand dollars!!
I hope you are all enjoying the final weeks of Summer. The Olympics have been SO awesome this year, is everyone as psyched about Michael Phelps as we are? So amazing!!

5 Happy Thoughts:

Let the party begin... said...

Sounds like an incredible time with your family and who knows, maybe we'll see Cam in the olympics one day. Really cute pics of him in his hat and knapsack. I love the farmhouse. It looks cozy. Michael Phelps have definitely been incredible to watch as well as all the other athletes. I have been watching the Olympics every day too.

Let the party begin... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Sounds like an awesome little vacation with the family. That house is adorable!

DeAnn said...

Go Team USA! I'll see you Wednesday!

The Klock Family said...

Awww, Smog Moon came on when I opened your blog! I thought I wouldn't care about the Olympics at all, but after watching it for just a few minutes I was hooked! We've been watching it a ton. Great family entertainment. Go Phelps!