Saturday, June 7, 2008

Some Weekend Baby Babbling.....

I wasn't really planning on blogging today, but here I am! I am feeling MUCH better, and I am so so grateful for that. I still feel a tad nauseated and weak, but atleast I can function again!! I have a crazy busy Sunday tomorrow filled with meetings and our first Sunday as a Presidency doing Primary, so I was hoping to feel better by now! I also have my first ultrasound, which I am very anxious for! I'm sure things are just fine, but it will be comforting to hear a healthy heartbeat.....and to make sure there is just ONE baby!! haha!! Nate's grandma is a twin, and I have cousins who are twins....I'm not sure how the statistics work with that, but I've always been scared of having 2 babies at once.
Wow, I'm surprised at how many of you are voting for a girl! I'm not big on intuition. I don't really think women "just know" what they're having....it's just a 50/50 guess! I don't really believe in the old wives tales either....am I a party-pooper?? I had no idea what Cameron was. But people keep asking what I think with this one, and if I have to guess, I'm going to guess GIRL. We shall see!
Obviously we would love a girl. I have taught myself to not even LOOK at the girl clothes at the store, they're just too cute. Nate is starting to get his heart set on a girl, and I keep telling him not to!

Reasons we would love a GIRL:
1. Well, it's just a no-brainer. Every mom wants her little girl to dote on!! Baby girls just have this extra added sweetness about them, I think it's just the tiny dresses and bows???

2. It would be great to have one of each, so that for our 3rd, it wouldn't even matter.
3. I have had her name picked out since I was little. It's pretty common, but I think it's SO cute.
4. Cameron would have a little sister to "protect"!!

But a boy would be fun too. I LOVE little boys, they have so much energy, and I LOVE watching Cameron play basketball and with his toy cars and Legoes.

Reasons we would love a BOY:
1. Other than the fact that they would be born in completely opposite seasons, we would have his wardrobe already.
2. I think he and Cameron would have a complete blast growing up together. If this baby is half as smart as Cam is, we're in for some trouble! I imagine they would torture Nate & I to no end with pranks and schemes!!
3. Nate doesn't have brothers, so he would love having 2 boys to play ball, army men, etc with!!
4. I LOVE his name already.

On to names: We already have our names picked out. I will probably wait until we know what we're having to blog about them (although most of you already know!). I LOVE talking about baby names. When I chat on MSN with Kathy & Karen, we talk about baby names a lot, I'm not sure why it's so fun. I just love hearing what names people like. One thing that is a bit obnoxious to me (and I hope I don't offend anyone here) is how trendy and just plain wierd names are getting now!!! I'm mostly talking about spellings. I read somewhere that there are 27 different ways to spell McKenzie! Crazy! I told Nate from the get-go that all of our children will have normally-spelled names!! And I also think it's interesting how SO many names can be either boy or girl names now. Like when you hear the name Taylor, Riley or Kendall....you don't know if it's a boy or a girl right off the bat! The sad thing, is that even Cameron is becoming almost more of a girl name. I really really hope that it's not a problem for Cam as he gets older. I worked in a pediatric office for a few years, and we came across some really different names: Kanoe, Utah, Grey (I think that's sort of cute for a boy, actually), Hugo..... So fun! So here are the baby names that I like, but that Nate has vetoed:
Boy:
Preston, Miles, Oliver, Milo, Tanner, Wesley
Girl:
Peyton, Paige, Ashley, Reese
It's okay though, because we agree on 4 girl names right now and 1 boy name, so it's not an issue. I think it would be fun for you guys to all leave comments about what names you like, but that your spouse has nixed! It'll be fun!!
Well I could blog about names forever....I'll try to spread my pregnancy/baby ramblings out. I've thought about starting a seperate "Baby Blog" so I can babble in peace.....

13 Happy Thoughts:

The Bing's said...

hahha you are too cute!!! I love hearing your baby babbling...it excites me even more for this baby to come... i still have not decided on what I think it is...but i loved all your reasons for each gender. I agree with you on wierd spelt names...you have to be careful because the kid is going to have to grow up explaining their name and that's no fun. Hopefully we'll be chatting later!!!! Glad to hear you are feling better!!!

Jonathan said...

You already have a niece named Wesley! I like Lila for a girl after Grandma De(Lila). I wanted a Henry Charles and a George Elliot too (our great-grandfathers). Names are a lot of fun. I love helping people think of names. I was in the mother's room at church and met a mom with a baby named Kamryn (or however she spells it). I think Cameron is a way better boys name!! --DeAnn

Michelle said...

I like names that are typically last names. Some of my favorites are Gibson and Warner. Warner would be cute because it is your maiden name. Warner Wood, what do you think? I'm glad you're feeling better. We miss you and Cameron. Hopefully we can come visit you soon.

Jenn said...

oooooh, I like Warner Wood. That's cute! John vetoed: Preston, Brigham, Tanner, Spencer, Ethan, Brock, Carter, and Skyler.
Girl names for us are easier... we both like several: Annika, Chelsy, Jacie (this is our top pick if we have a girl ever... Jacie Reese), Bryndee, and Brielle.
I'm so excited for you! YAY!

Let the party begin... said...

My youngest son's middle name is MacKenzie and he was upset that it was a grl's name. I had to try and convince him that it was a boy's name. I love the post. I too can't stand all the weird names and their spelling. Love the reasoning behind a boy or a girl. Good luck on the ultrasound and primary tomorrow. Exciting times ahead!

The Super Seven said...

Great post.....so happy that you are feeling better. I'm so not into the weird names either.....that's why my kids have pretty normal names. Some names are just not supposed to be for first names.....don't even get me started. I love the new blog....I think it's a great idea......can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes......It's going to be a fun pregnancy to follow......

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Miles was vetoed because it sounds weird with Westover.

Parker's name was a joke that grew on us. We thought it sounded funny with Westover but when nobody else thought it was strange, we ended up liking it enough to use it. Parker's middle name is Taggert. When I was pregnant with him I saw on the news that a dance teacher gave birth prematurely during a dance competition (she did go to the hospital to give birth) and named her son Taggert. It is also Heath's grandma's maiden name so we liked it.

I love the name Preston. That was on your list. Good luck with all and keep us all posted!

Steve said...

I liked the name Daryl or Darrell. I didn't even get far enough with that one to talk about the spelling.

Becca Jane said...

Steve! That's right, you always wanted a son named Darrell Merrill. There's still time....
Haha, you crack me up! Didn't you also like Boris Morris??

Missy said...

I know, it's crazy how a lot of names can be for both a girl and a boy....in our new ward we have boy named Rilee Taylor. Crazy!

Robyn said...

I wanted to name a girl Lucy, and Christian said that would be fine, if we could name a boy, Charlie, Linus, or Pig Pen. We have a neice named Lucy now, so I guess I lost my chance.

Robyn said...

Christian said he likes the name Rapunzel...Punzie for short.

The Oswald's said...

I had two favorite names that my husband said no to, he actually gave most of them their names, and a few are odd (they are Apache) and the rest are prety normal, I made it clear that I got to name #7. Oldest DD picked it from a band and I liked it from All My children...sad I know.

The names I wanted were girl..Delija, from a boy in school who's letterman jacket read D. Elija, always stuck with me. And for a boy, Tristan, from a movie with Brad Pitt in it!