Monday, June 2, 2008

LOTS to Celebrate

I just wrote an earlier post today dedicated to my yummy hubby. I hate to write over it, so be sure to scroll down and check it out if you haven't. But I have lots more to say! Here we go!

Tonight we had a great birthday party for Nate over at his parent's house. It was so nice of them to host us since our apartment is so tiny now. Summertime is making me miss our awesome backyard we had at our house. I made Nate a German chocolate cake, his favorite. However, since some people don't like that kind, I brought some cinnamon buns too. Of course I had to decorate them with a little note......


Yup...WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!

We could NOT be more thrilled. Both Nate and I have felt good about adding to our family, and we are ecstatic!! Nate gave me the biggest hug ever when we saw the positive test. He kisses my tummy each morning and evening, it's so sweet. He always says, "Goodnight Baby" and kisses me, and then says, "and goodnight baby" and kisses my tummy. I have been starting to feel pretty crummy, so Nate has completely stepped up to the plate. He is amazing. He has been washing our endless mountain of dishes, doing some other household chores, and spending as much time entertaining Cameron as he can. All that, on top of taking summer classes and working!! He always tells me to go lie down and rest. I cannot thank him enough for how sensitive and sweet he is being.
The baby is due in mid-January. I have an ultrasound in about a week, so that'll give me a more accurate due date. I am anxious to hear a heartbeat and know that things are going okay. Cameron will be exactly 2 1/2 when the baby comes, and that is just perfect. We didn't want them any closer or any further apart. Everyone keeps asking me if we want a boy or a girl, and we honestly don't care. As long as it's healthy and goes full-term, then we'll be happy. We already have names picked out, and I think both are SOOO adorable.

Well, Nate's party was really fun. We put that little sign in the cinnamon buns and just left it there. We didn't say anything. We were all sitting out on the back patio waiting for the steak to be done, and Nate's mom came running out holding it, "Have you seen this?!?" It was so cute! She showed Grandma Riley and Nate's dad, and we just laughed. Then Mallory and Russ showed up, and we got to see the same fun reactions all over again!! It was a fun way to break the news!! This is grandkid #5 on Nate's side, and I think it's #16 on mine.

So here are some pics of the party. Here is Nate's German Chocolate Cake with his 2-5 candles.

Cameron mostly ate watermelon!!

Steak, potatoes, cooked carrots, salads, cake & ice cream.....SO YUMMY!!!! I haven't eaten that much in a long time!! (That's Nate's plate, by the way, I can't eat that much steak!!!)

The Birthday Boy!
This is what Cameron and I gave Nate.....the Office DVDs, Seasons 1-3!! Our favorite show. We cannot wait to watch them!
Wow, I'm quite fried.....not a day goes by anymore that Cam and I don't spend atleast 2 hours outside playing! I'm so glad we got to throw Nate a fun family party. Thanks Robyn & Gary for a great evening and great food! Happy Birthday Nate!!!!

21 Happy Thoughts:

The Super Seven said...

Looks like the party was a huge success. Wish I had been there to see the reaction on Nate's Mom's face. I'm sure it was priceless. COngrats again.....can't wait to hear what baby is.....and meet him/her!!!! Talk soon....

Let the party begin... said...

What a party! The food looks amazing especially those buns. Now that it's officially posted let me be one of the many that will be congratulating you both. It has been difficult holding back the well wishes. I'm so happy for you both. Nate looks like he enjoyed himself immensely. Did you like the card I posted.

Jordan and Danny said...

OH MY GOSH!! Congrats in a huge way! How far along are you? Have you been feeling just aweful? I'm so excited for you. cute way of telling everyone too. Happy Birthday to Nate. Good gift on 'The Office' We love that show too.

Ashley S. said...

Congrats! Glad it didnt take long! Hope you feel better soon. I am jealous you got pregnant so fast!

Anonymous said...

So exciting! You should see if they have diclectin down there, it's a miracle working for morning sickness.

Kasie said...

Yay! I am sooooo excited for you! You guys make adorable offspring :) I can't think of two people more loving, caring, and deserving than you guys! You are going to have the cutest little family ever.

Becca Jane said...

Yay! You guys rock, I knew I'd wake up to lots of fun comments!
Jordan, I am about 7 1/2 weeks along. I didn't want to say anything this soon, but with me paler than a ghost all day and feeling all bloated, I figured people would start guessing....and they did! When I told a few people in the apartment, they were like "I knew it. You come out and play every day and we rarely see you anymore." I have been feeling pretty weak....even at 8:30 this morning, poor Cameron is sitting here watching Cars and eating a popsicle. He's being a trooper!
You're right Ashley, it happened FAST! Good thing we didn't try any sooner....I kept warning everyone I didn't want a December baby! And finally Kasie...i HOPE this baby is as cute as Cam...he's set a HIGH bar for a standard of cuteness already!! As long as all our kids looks just like Nate, then we're good!! :)

Michelle said...

Yeah CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys. That was a way cute way of telling everyone. You guys have such a cute family. You are going to be so cute when you're big and pregnant. You're one of those "Actress like" pregnant people when you can't tell from the back. I'm jealous. Hehe

The Bing's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bing's said...

Hey Becca...I'm on Jeffs laptop in the backroom at work and I had to get on to see the post...kathy called to tell me...I'm so excited for you guys and I love the way you told everyone...chat with you later on. Love you guys and congratulations!!!

The Bing's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bing's said...

hey sorry if you had some messages deleted...i posted three by mistake...congats again sooooo excited to see baby!!!!!

Jenn said...

Yay! Congratulations (again)!!! How exciting! Cameron is going to be a GREAT big brother!!

Let me know when you're feeling up to it and we'll get the boys together again!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

so glad you finally announced! i accidentally let it slip to heath yesterday and my heart sank because i was trying to keep your secret! although i'm sure you wouldn't have minded if i had told him sooner. congrats again. love you guys. and tell your infant of a husband (cuz he's so young!!!) happy birthday.

COLE said...

congrats becky! you are such a cute mom! :) i am excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

good job guys, I love all the pictures. are we lame we missed nate's birthday or what? happy birthday, yay for the office, great gift! I hope you survive becky, be strong!

Anonymous said...

good job guys, I love all the pictures. are we lame we missed nate's birthday or what? happy birthday, yay for the office, great gift! I hope you survive becky, be strong!

Kate said...

Congrats Becky!! I'm excited for you guys!

Missy said...

Congrats you guys! I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for too much longer :) Cameron will be such a cute big bro!

ashley said...

congrats congrats! that is awesome! i hope you start feeling better =)

Abraham and Sara said...

Yay, congratulations! Sorry for the delay but we have been away from computers. We are excited for you guys!