First of all, you guys ROCK with the blog comments!!! I love you all!!!!!!!
Okay, so here is the stroller saga story for you. You all know we bought the BabyTrend Expedition Double Jogger a few months ago for Cameron and Ashlan, and then for a 2nd baby when that time comes. It's a great stroller. This is the stroller we got:
We've taken it jogging and to the zoo a few times. It's VERY smooth and easy to maneuver, and the kids like sitting together. We were happy with our purchase, although there were a few things that bothered me. First of all, it's VERY heavy. I have no muscles, and lugging that stroller in and out of our apartment and trying to get it into my car was next to impossible. So if Nate wasn't there to help me, I was breaking my back! My other issue with that stroller was that Cameron is at an age where he does NOT like to be strapped in. He likes to run nonstop everywhere we go!! So even if I hauled it somewhere, he didn't want to ride in it anyway, and I was pushing around this huge stroller for just Ashlan. So I began slowly regretting my decision to get a double jogger. The only time it was really great was when Nate and I took it jogging or on walks, but we haven't had much time to do that together lately. Plus, I haven't really been taking Cam and Ash places like I thought I would. They are content to play outside our apartment on the playground. I think taking two toddlers out somewhere on my own would be suicide anyway!!!So this morning, my friend Amber and I headed out to the zoo. She brought 2 of her boys, Jerrod & Gideon. Jerrod is 3 1/2 and Gideon is 6 months. She had this fabulous stroller called the Joovy Sit n Stand. I'd seen them around, but I had never really thought about it or considered it for Cameron. I just assumed that Cameron wouldn't hold still sitting or standing on the back. I was very wrong. The whole time at the zoo, Cameron LOVED this stroller. Jerrod was fine walking, so Cameron would hop on the back of the Joovy and either stand or sit. We'd get to an animal display, and he'd jump off the stroller and go see it, then he'd come right back to the stroller. I was shocked!! Amber let me push it for awhile, and it's WAY easier to push....it feels the same as Cam's single Graco stroller. So that made me want to go get one, and it made me not want my double jogger even more. Cuz even if I did take Cam and Ash somewhere, Ash would be happy to sit in the front part, and Cam could walk/ride.....now that I know he loves it so much. Do you all know what stroller I'm referring to?? Here's a picture:


Here is a pic of what it looks like in-use....I should have just snapped a picture of Cameron on it with Gideon....they're MUCH cuter than these kids!!! You can also adjust the front so that a carseat can snap in.....so versatile!! What a great stroller!!! Amber, you rock!! Today was SO fun, your boys are the cutest!! Love ya!!!
So we got home from the zoo, and I decided to check things out. Turns out that these Joovy strollers brand new can cost up to $300.....crazy!!! I'm too cheap to spend that much!! So I checked out the KSL classifieds, and there was a brand new post....only 5 minutes old....of someone who was selling their Joovy in new condition for only $90!! Score!! It's the red/black one. So I hurry and headed down to South Jordan. I also posted our double jogger on there, and on my way down to pick up the Joovy, someone called to buy the jogger! So I sold that and bought the Joovy all in the same trip!!! YEA!!!!! It worked out PEFECTLY!!! And I am so excited! Even when we got back home and I took the Joovy out of the car, Cameron wanted to stand on the back just from the parking lot to our door! And after we came in from playing outside all afternoon, Cam sat on it to watch Cars!!! Silly kid!
So there's my story. Hope it wasn't too boring..... Things like this are exciting to me!!! I love finding good deals. I'm a nerd.
Tonight Melanie and I are watching a girlie chick flick (PS I Love You....yay!) and will probably shove our faces with brownies....it will be a great evening! Nate is happy to have a quiet evening to study.....without me distracting him by watching the Bachelorette or hysterically laughing while MSN chatting with Kathy, Karen & Lesley. Too fun!! Sorry Nate!! Study hard tonight!!!


9 Happy Thoughts:
You'll love that sit and stand stroller.
That stroller I had at the zoo is a double/sit'n'stand. It converts to a sit and stand or to a double stroller. I think it's called Baby Trend Sit and Stand Deluxe. I only takes about 5 minutes to convert back and forth from a sit and stand to a double... depending on Cameron's mood is how I decide which way to use it. I totally love the sit and stand feature, it's awesome with active 2 year olds! Cameron loves his to pieces. (how funny is this, when I first bought it, Cameron sat on it to watch Cars too!!! Our kids are so alike its hilarious!!)
I love that stroller, I am planning on buying one when we have another baby! Good call! Let me know how you end up liking it!
Cool stroller.....you have to love the deal you got even more. I couldn't spend that much on a stroller.....okay maybe if I was going to have a few more kids I would pay full price......either way you got a steal. I guess it's even better that you already sold the other one too!!!! I keep missing you during the daytime.....hope to connect soon....it's been crazy with the birthdays going on.....life will get back to normal soon. Hope you are taking it easy......I know I need to do a little more today....
nice deal! good job! i replied to your comment on my blog.
Its so great that you found a sit n spin. I sold mine for 5 dollars. bye.
Ermie I cannot believe you sold your sit n stand for $5. I mean your sit n spin....sit n what????
If anyone is trying to make sense of anything Merilee and I ever say on each other's blogs, just don't even try.....
We just got back from a walk, Cam loved it. He sat and stood nicely.
hey... I got the korean from an online translator...
try www.worldlingo.com - they have one that free!
Sweet! I got the Joovy Ultralight, and yeah, I paid the big bucks. It was slightly on sale. But I love it so much!!! And mine is a cute creamy orange color. It's worth extra money to have a great color, right?
Post a Comment