Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

My dad gave each of us kids a copy of all of the pictures he's taken over the past 20-something years. During Cam's nap today, I started looking through them and thought I'd share a bit of my childhood with you all! Most of you know I was born at 28 weeks....3 months early. I weighed a meager 2 pounds 7 ounces. I had quite the traumatic start to life!! And then.....
When I was 18 months old, I decided to age my mother a little bit more and fell one story off of our back deck. This is what I ended up looking like the following couple of days afterwards, and I ended up with a skull fracture and in surgery a week later. I have a nice scar that goes from ear to ear across the top of my head....always a good reminder of how blessed I am to be alive and healthy!

And I'm sorry Warner kids....I just couldn't resist finding and putting this one on! This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of all of us!!


It's so fun looking back at old pics...I found some GREAT pics of a lot of you Mac people....Platts, Rudens, Egans, Nikki and JR!!!...everybody! I could do some real damage! The 80s and the 90s weren't pretty!! Ha, just joking. I just sat here looking at all of these and laughed a lot and really really missed our old Riverside house! Last time we were in Oregon, Nate and I drove up to it, and the guy who owns it now happened to be in the driveway. You can't just "happen" to drive up that driveway, so of course he asked what we were doing and I told him I had grown up there. So he let Nate and I walk through the house. He was so nice! But man, talk about WEIRD! I hadn't been inside in10 years, so it was the strangest feeling to walk through it again. He really hadn't changed much...the kitchen is exactly the same. I was grateful that he had kept things nice and neat...that's OUR house! All those handprints are still in the driveway!! Anyway, I'm jealous that soooo many of you still live in Mac, or atleast in the Stake!! And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about....sorry!! Happy Easter to everyone, and Easter weekend pics will be posted soon!!!

8 Happy Thoughts:

Michelle said...

You were a sweet little baby. I remember! I still have those glasses I'm wearing in that picture of the five of us. The kids wear them when they want to look really dorky. We call them my "Estelle" glasses (I'm not sure why). Too bad I wore them all the way through middle school and part of high school.

Colette said...

Wow, that picture brings back some recent memories. Our little Micah was 27 weeks along. I can only imagine being a preemie like 20+ years ago!!! I enjoyed the pictures, keep in touch. You guys rock! -Derek Hatch (Hechie HyungJae)

DeAnn said...

Jonathan wore Michelle's glasses to be Dwight in our Thanksgiving play. Thanks for the memories!!

Michelle said...

Oh, that's right, DeAnn. I'd forgotten those glasses had made an appearance on "The Office." Becky, post more Warner pictures! That's fun!

Becca Jane said...

I thought this would turn into a Warner family commenting session...we just need to get Bill and Steve involved! Michelle, are you gonna start a blog soon? Well, next time I go through this pics, I'll find some more funny ones for you!! There are PLENTY! Good job, Dad!

Becca Jane said...

Do you guys remember taking that picture? I don't....I look pretty young though. We for sure need to start planning reunions for the 5 of us and mom and dad. I seriously think about you all every single day, and I'm SO sad that our kids don't know each other as well as they could or should!!

COLE said...

i didn't know all of you guys wore glasses! :) deann you look so adorable here!! and you all look really excited about the photo! i still remember watching your family videos in college...did kt record over one?! i remember steve telling becky to get off the swing or something and we just laughed and laughed ...poor becky! and your dad doing the interview...so funny! i want to be a warner kid too!

ashley said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of you all is the best! Steve looks awesome!