Every night when we put Cam to bed, I sing "I Am A Child of God". Nate usually just stands there smirking at my lack of singing skills!! Anyway, Cam is such a busybody lately that it's been hard for him to go to bed like he used to. He used to just snuggle in with his blankie and turn right over and go to sleep. But not lately. He just wants to stay up and play. But obviously Nate and I are NOT going to have that.....so we moved his bedtime to 7:00 and don't really give Cam a choice. So we brush his teeth, read him a story (if he'll sit still) and then we put him in his bed. He usually starts completely freaking out and clinging to us for dear life, so I start singing and it's the cutest thing. He'll calm down immediately, lie down....and just stare at me. Sometimes he'll give us big grins. But then it's funny cuz when I get to the last line "....to live with Him someday" Cam knows that the song is over, so he starts spazzing out again. I usually sing it 2 or 3 times and then he's all settled down. It's so great. He's such a good boy! By the way, he's doing a GREAT job of only having his binky at night and at naptime.
This week has been a bit crazy. I babysat Ashlan on Monday and Wednesdays, and I had smarty-pants cutie Dallin on Tuesday. The kids have been playing outside NONSTOP all week! It's been gorgeous here....short sleeves and flip-flops! Love it! We're all a bit sunburned too (well, I'm burnt...Cam is just tan! He got Nate's great-tanning skin!) But we woke up this morning to....SNOW. Utah is seriously weird when it comes to weather. I really hope Nate gets a job in Oregon or Washington!!
So my friend Gloria, who I used to work with at the pediatric office, is going to teach me how to knit purses! I'm SO excited! I've been wanting to learn how to knit. I have lots of time on my hands, so I think it will be fun to learn. Then I can start making purses for gifts and maybe for the Women Shelter. I've been wanting to find a good volunteering project. I feel like I have so much time during the day that I could be using to help other people. So you can all expect purses for Christmas this year!!



7 Happy Thoughts:
Giving up a Binky isn't easy... way to go Cameron!
That is so funny about the song. Sometimes Collin doesn't want me to put on his pajamas because he knows what comes next. Kids are so cute...
oh man, i didn't even consider joel not wanting to go to bed in the future. thanks for the heads-up and singing advice to go along with a cute story.
Cam sounds like such a ham!
I know, I am seriously amazed at the sense of humor this kid has! I didn't know kids could be so sarcastic! He really knows when he's being funny! And about the sleep thing...Camie, it caught me by surprise too. He's always been my miracle angel sleeper! And he still is...but I'm scared to death for the day we move him out of his crib. I REFUSE to let bedtime become a big battle!
Good luck with the binkie and when you switch to a big bed. Both of my boys had a hard time after a they realized they could get out of their big boy bed, usually a month or two after the switch. But that is our story, hopefully it will go smoothly when you make the switch.
I was sad to see snow too!!! I wanted to get back in bed in hopes that when I woke up again... the snow would be gone... that didn't work!!
I'm glad the binky thing is going well. My Cam has been pretty good too. When we switched to a big boy bed, we had 2 nights when he got up in the middle of the night and turned the tv on. It was so funny. He hasn't done it since though, and he even asks to lay down in it during the day because his sheets are "Cars" sheets... It wasn't a bad experience at all... hope yours goes just as well!! :-)
Becky,
I don't think you're twelve!! I don't!! You should yell at me if I ever make you think I think you're twelve!
Michelle
Post a Comment