Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life is like a roller coaster


Hey everyone! I'm writing to you from Kansas City, Missouri. We have been visiting Nauvoo, Independence, Far West and Liberty Jail. It has been a fun, but slightly chaotic trip, as I feared it would be! There are 16 of us, including 4 babies. Cameron has been pretty good, but I can tell he misses his toys and his crib. He is getting VERY sick of the car, and we still have 2 long days of driving left.

Today we spent the day at Worlds of Fun. We went on a roller coaster called Mamba. I posted a picture of it. Nate and I waited like 20 minutes and rode in the very front. It goes like 75 mph and is sooooo tall! It was so much fun. There was a ride called Monsoon and you ride in a boat and go down a big hill of water. When you're done, you can stand on a bridge and catch the splash of water from the other boats. We jumped off our boat and started running towards the bridge. Another boat was coming, so I wanted to make it in time. I got there just as the boat came down the hill, so I thought I was too late and was going to just barely catch some of the mist. Oh no......I ended up making it to the point where the MOST water hits. I was thrown across the bridge by the force of the water. Nobody else had made it there yet, so I was standing there completely drenched and everyone else was just laughing at me. Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious.

We've been taking lots of pictures, so I'll try to get something posted on here when we get home.

0 Happy Thoughts: