Monday, July 30, 2007

My Maria.....

DeAnn, do you remember when me, you and Dad sang that song? We should have had a talent show at the reunion. That would have been fun!
Anyway, we went to Logan for the weekend again. Nate had fun playing video games with Michelle's husband, Adam. I think mostly (or only?) gals read my blog, so I can write on here how I got a bad case of mastitis, that breastfeeding infection. It was (is) HORRIBLE. I had a burning fever and absolutely NO energy. I didn't even know you can get it after nursing for a year. I thought it was something you get during the first few weeks of nursing. I've been trying to wean Cameron for over a month now, which is starting to get frustrating. I'm really ready to be done, but he loves it and shows now signs of wanting to stop. Any advice??? Anyway, so that sort of ruined our weekend, but it was still fun to hang out with Michelle again.
Cameron's 2 front teeth came in, after several nights of him not sleeping very well. They look so cute on him, and they make him look a lot older. Our digital camera broke, so I haven't been able to take any pics. We want to take a camera on our Nauvoo trip, for sure, but we don't want to shell out the hundred bucks to get another camera just yet. So we'll see. It's probably worth it though, we get to see the Nauvoo temple, Carthage jail, and all sorts of places. It'll be fun to be there with Cameron. Cam's new favorite food is Wendy's cheeseburgers. He also loves pancakes, yogurt and ....... Pickles! I gave him a pickle, sort of as a joke, to see what he would do. But he ate it and said "More". Funny!
Right now Cam and Nate are playing bowling on the Nintendo Wii. Cam is cracking up, and it's so cute!

2 Happy Thoughts:

DeAnn said...

Karen loves pickles too!! I don't have any weaning tips. My 3 girls lost interest on their own between 10 and 11 months old. Maybe my boy will be different and it's a boy thing. Like not being born by your due date!!

Becca Jane said...

DeAnn, Meri Harper, the doctor I'm going to nanny for, just had her baby this morning (Aug 4). Hopefully they'll have the same birthday! Come on, Isaac!