Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Warning.....LONG posting ahead!

So I quit my job the other day! Yea! I still work until the middle of June, but then I'm done. It is actually a bittersweet thing for me. I LOVE my job. I only worked 12 hours a week, and Cam has been able to develop an awesome relationship with his daddy. Having Nate watch Cameron has been the best thing ever. He's been doing it since Cam was 3 months old. So he's learned how to do all those things that most dads are scared of (with the exception of bathing him, he STILL won't give Cam a bath!). It's really made him a reliable dad and helped him appreciate how hard it is to be home all day with a baby! Not to mention how great their relationship is now. Cam LOVES his daddy. I'm practically non-existant after Nate walks in the door from being at work or class all day. Cam reaches for him and just starts laughing. I love it. Anyway, back to the work thing, so Nate got a new job up at LDS Hospital working 7-on/7-off graveyards! Fun! So between that and his morning classes at the U, he is going to be crazy busy. So we decided it's better if I just stay home full-time for now. I'm totally thrilled. I love the thought of not having the added stress of working and just being able to play with Cam all day. Plus, the doctors I work with told me I can always stay on their payroll. I can always come in if someone is sick, or if I need some extra money. How great are they!!! I'm going to miss it though. I love the kids, my co-workers and the doctors. But I'm committed to doing what is best for my family.
Second....after another day or 2, we won't have the internet anymore. Our neighbors are moving this weekend and taking their internet with them! How dare they! So we talked about just getting it, but we probably won't, atleast not yet. We're keeping our monthly expenses to a minimum and staying out of debt. (We love you Dave!!!!) So we'll just have to go to the library or Nate's parents' house. I'm going to miss e-mailing, IM-ing, blogging, facebook-ing, etc etc etc!!! The internet is seriously of control! I'm actually sort of releived to get my life back! Now I can spend my time reading, cleaning, playing outside, and not being a slave to this laptop every single day!!! So I'll be here when I can.
Well, my baby is completely covered in pears (in the hair, eyebrows, etc), so I must be going. Sorry about the ridiculously long posting!

5 Happy Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a great plan for your family. I am sure you will survive without the computer, and like you said it won't distract you from other things.

Maja said...

Hi! i don't know what i would do without the internet, it is my friend... Jk I think i could do without it. I love reading your posts!

PrincessKatie said...

That will be so awesome for you. I will miss our super long emails though~

DeAnn said...

You have to get internet. I miss chatting with you!!

Becca Jane said...

I know, I want to get it! Maybe in the fall when I start working again??