Friday, December 26, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas!

We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! This year was really fun for us. Cameron is still too young to really understand the concept of Christmas and Santa Claus, but he definitely understood the excitement of opening presents and getting to spend lots of time with his favorite people: his cousins and grandparents!


So everytime Cam even SEES the camera, he grins. We can't get him to just relax now, haha!! This picture is for Grandma Robyn....she loves how he always lines everything up in a row!We've had a busy week! On Saturday evening, we headed down to Salem to my parents to watch the BYU Bowl game and eat a yummy turkey dinner. Cam got to play with his cousins Andrew & Ella. The next morning we went to church with my mom for the Christmas program. I was glad we could go because my dad had to be at the hospital, so my mom would have been all alone!

On Tuesday Nate & I did some shopping and hung out with his mom. That evening we hung out with some good friends of ours who we haven't seen in almost a year! Nate's evenings and weekends are usually filled with work or homework, so we have been bad about getting together with friends!

On Christmas Eve, we headed over to Nate's grandpa's house for his annual party. Yummy food and lots of family.....I love this time of year! Then we headed over to Nate's parents house to open gifts with his sisters. Cameron loved opening all of his presents from Grandma & Grandpa Wood! I couldn't stop smiling as I watched how happy he looked! The real joy of Christmas!

We headed back to our apartment that night. Nate and I decided when we were dating that it was important to us to always spend Christmas morning with just our little family. Cameron looked SO cute in his football jammies he got from Grandma the night before. I woke up just before 8 am and was shocked that Cam was still asleep. I got our Christmas breakfast all ready and then went and woke my adorable sleeping boys up. Cam was out cold!! He rarely sleeps past 7:30! He was pretty excited to finally be able to rip open the gifts he'd been eyeing for several days! We got him a new Signing Time DVD that teaches him all of his sports signs....basketball, football, coach, etc. He was completely excited and has already watched it probably 6-7 times and already knows all of the signs! People ask me what I do to teach him sign language, but honestly, it's ALL Cameron. He loves it! He signs all the time, and he actually knows more signs than I do. We also gave him Ramone from CARS to add to his collection. Nate got me the new JK Rowling book, and I got him the Ron Clark Story dvd (GREAT movie). We kept our gifts to each other VERY simple this year because we splurged so much on our John Mayer concert last summer! Totally worth it!!
After our humble little Christmas morning, we braved the awful snowstorm and drove down to Sandy to my brother's house. My parents were there, and we had a nice relaxing morning (and a YUMMY quiche breakfast). Cam loves playing at their house, so he was happy. He took a nice long nap too, so we were also able to relax, watch A Christmas Story (ha!) and eat lots of Christmas cookies! I've been eating so awful lately, but I just don't care! I only have about 3 weeks left of being pregnant, so bring it on!! :)

Here is Cam showing off a few of his adorable outfits he got for Christmas, thanks Grandma!
Unfortunately Nate has to work all day today & tomorrow. Tonight we're going to see the lights at Temple Square, I think Cam will love that! Hope you all continue to enjoy the Holiday season!

1 Happy Thoughts:

Let the party begin... said...

What a fun-filled time you've had. I love the pj's, they were so cute. After all the craziness of getting ready for Christmas, it's nice to just enjoy all the relaxing times afterwards.