Monday, December 31, 2007

Simple joys

So far, today has been one of "those days". Not a bad day at all, but just one of those typical Exhausted Mommy days. Cameron has a fever and nasty diarrhea (we've gone through 3 pair of pants so far). He doesn't feel like eating, so EVERYTHING has been ending up on the floor. I have a headache and a sore throat, so of course I just feel like lying on the couch and watching Clean Sweep and Rachael Ray. But then I look at my beautiful little baby boy and I am so overwhelmed with love for him and for my role as his mother. Even though there are days when I just want to go to the spa and get a massage and take a 120-hour nap, I wouldn't trade my sometimes seemingly mundane days with Cameron for anything. I love his gorgeous blue eyes looking up at me. I love the big hugs and kisses he gives me, even if I don't ask for them. I love his cute little bum waddling as he runs around. I love how sometimes he just wants me to hold him on my lap, even if he's not tired or upset. He makes me want to be a good mommy. He makes me not mind washing dishes and cleaning up his Legos or the DVD shelf day after day after day! I am doing my best to capture and savor every second as a mommy. And even though I hope to have more babies in the future, Cameron will only be a little toddler for so long. I love him more than I can describe in words.

1 Happy Thoughts:

Merilee said...

You are a good mommy.