Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm going home

Hey, sorry I haven't written in awhile......because I know so many of you wake up each day hoping that I've posted something fabulous! So anyway, I'm down at my parent's house for the weekend. My sister and her girls are here from Atlanta! She's finally pregnant with a boy, so I gave her all of Cameron's clothes. I'm so excited she's here for a few weeks. My brother and his family just moved back to Salt Lake City this week too. They've been down in Arizona for the past several years, so I'm excited to have my family close by!! Cameron is almost a year old, I can't believe it. He can say "mama", "dada", "ball", and "diaper". So cute. And he's about to walk. Nate has started his new job working graveyards 7 on/ 7 off. He likes his new co-workers and his new job responsibilities. But the hours are rough. He gets home just as Cam and I wake up, and then he goes to bed for the day. He's only taking 1 class this summer, but in the fall, he'll be taking 3 classes up at the U. It's going to be crazy! We had a fun Father's Day. I made Nate a banner of pictures of me, Cameron, and Buchi holding up letters to spell "We Love You". Then I strung the pictures together on ribbon and hung it above the kitchen table. I also gave him a badminton/frisbee/horse shoes/volleyball set for the backyard. We had a big BBQ with all of Nate's family. I'm enjoying my calling in the nursery, believe it or not! We play with playdough, make Fruit Loop necklaces, eat fruit snacks and play with toys! Not too shabby for church!
So I've decided to grow my hair out to donate to Locks of Love. My best friend did it recently, and she said it was really cool. You have to have atleast 10 inches from a ponytail, and I have about 6 so far. I'm not sure how long it'll take, but we'll see if I can stick with it! Oh, so I must write about our latest cat saga. So Fancy is still hiding out in our basement. We can't catch her! So my friend gave us another kitten. Cutest little calico kitty we named Toffee. LOVED her. She let Cam pull her tail, pull her ears, sit on her, etc. She would come cuddle up with me and Nate and just purr and purr. But then after a day or two, she started peeing all over the house. All over the couch, our bed, the floor, etc. Then she started doing something else all over the house, and I was done. So Toffee went back to my friend's house. Sad. We're done with cats. If we ever find Fancy, we'll probably give her back too. Maybe we should get a dog......
What else can I babble about? Oh! I started writing a novel! Haha! I've always wanted to write a book. I love writing. But I'm really self-concious about my writing, when it comes to fiction. I had to leave the room while Nate was reading the first few pages! But who knows....maybe someday you will all get autographed copies of my best-seller!
Well, I think my dad has some pictures on his computer, so I'll go look and add them on in a separate post.

3 Happy Thoughts:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

yes, I check your blog every day even though I know you don't post every day. I miss you.

The Super Seven said...

Glad to see a post.....I really think getting the internet would be a great investment!!!!! Cameron is looking cute as always....love the face in that picture!! Sounds like you are having a great time with the family. Hope to see more blogs sooner then later :)

Becca Jane said...

You two are so sweet! I go to the library every few days with the intention to post, but Cam seems to sense that I need a few minutes of peace and decided to freak out in the library. I'll try harder!